The Restaurant Division is a unique program of the San Francisco SBDC, developed to meet the needs of San Francisco’s competitive marketplace. Our vital Restaurant Division offers hands-on consulting in the areas of accounting, operations, food costing, human resources and marketing/public relations.
Since the filming of this video, American Grilled Cheese Kitchen has expanded operations and opened a second location in San Francisco.
The Restaurant Team can assist you in the following areas:
- How to find a location
- Materializing your business plan to meet your dream
- Determining the target market for your restaurant
- Balancing the numbers to insure you keep on your projection track
- Leveraging your existing relationships into customer evangelists
- Working with social media platforms to engage more customers
- Communicating with the media, traditional and online, to pitch stories
- How to get your restaurant reviewed by the media
- Keeping your employees happy by working collectively as a team
- Working with safety issues and human resource guidelines
Whether you are at the beginning of finding a location, or an existing operator in need of a boost to help you manage your time and operations, experienced consultants are available with thoughtful guidance to offer you support and solid advice to help you determine your next move.
Tech Futures Group
Tech Futures Group (TFG) is a group of experienced advisors who help startups and small, established technology companies. Their charter is to help technology companies start, grow, thrive and reach the next level. Since its inception in 2012, TFG has helped companies raise $49 million in capital. To apply for TFG services visit their website or call (415) 494-7232.
International Trade Initiative
With 95 percent of the potential customers for U.S. goods and services living outside of the country, exporting provides vast opportunities for American businesses. If you are already exporting to one country, let us help identify other markets to reach. If you have never exported before, make a no-cost appointment with your local SBDC to let us walk you through how to get started. Our goal is to provide guidance and outcomes for small and medium sized businesses to enhance their exporting success. The world’s 95 percent of potential customers are waiting for you.